- Professional profiles applicable in any work context
- Internships and preparation of the dissertation in companies and/or at DIMES research laboratories
- Flexible and multidisciplinary curriculum
- Qualified employment guaranteed after graduation
- Access to PhD and/or Masters’ Programs
- Stimulating and dynamic study environment
- Curricula in
- Electronic Devices and Systems
- Green Electronics
- Hardware-Software codesign
- Radio Frequency Electronic Systems
- Digital and analogue systems, low-power techniques
- Automatic measurement systems
- Advanced devices
- Intelligent electronic systems for vehicles; IoT systems
- Power electronics; power supply and charging systems
- Radiofrequency circuits for telecommunications
Electronics for renewable sources
- Theoretical lessons, exercises and practical laboratory activities aimed at learning-by-doing
- Development of project activities
Students participate in competition examination. Admission requirements can be found in the admission announcement (May/June).
After the publication of the final ranking, admitted students can enroll by paying the first fee instalment.
For the announcement of admission consult the section dedicated to master’s degrees.
LM29 Electronic Engineering
The course trains graduates specialized in the various fields of electronics and with a solid methodological basis in Information Engineering. Undergraduates are able to design electronic devices and systems for many sectors, from information processing to automotive, from aerospace to energy-environment, from home automation to the Internet-of-Things.
Undergraduates will be able to develop new applications of complex electronic devices and systems; to manage and technological scientific laboratories; to conduct research and development activities for companies and research organizations; and to work as freelance professionals.
Undergraduates in Electronic Engineering or Computer Engineering; Class L-8 (DM 270/2004) or Class L-9 (DM 509/1999); with at least 36 ETCS in basic disciplines and at least 45 ETCS in key disciplines, in the fields of Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Automation, Biomedical and Telecommunications.
Training experts who will be able to design complex electronic systems, circuits and components, analyzing their behavior and performance; make informed technological and methodological choices; manage the engineering, maintenance and operation of electronic systems; and operate in multidisciplinary application areas.
They include those contexts where it is necessary to design and manufacture electronic hardware devices and systems; carry out multidisciplinary research activities, program and configure microprocessors, microcontrollers and programmable logic circuits; develop information technologies in general and, specifically, electronics
Fees, contributions and exemptions
Costs calculated based on family income (ISEE-University) and including:
- fee for the equal access to university studies (from 130€ to 160€);
- annual amount (from 0 (if ISEE-University <= € 22,000) to € 2,000);
Flat tax = €1,000 for international students (UE and non UE)
With a family income (ISEE-University < € 26,000) students are entitled to receive:
- Scholarship consisting of total exemption from taxes, cash share, canteen and accommodation service (for off-site students)
- Grants for international mobility
- Reduced rates for the use of sports facilities and cultural services d) Benefits for students completing their degrees within regulation time
Exclusively on grounds of merit, students can obtain:
- International mobility grants (Erasmus)
- Free accommodation and canteen services published in the call DUnicAL career program for student-athletes. Facilitated access to STEM programs
- prizes for excellent students
- higher scholarships for female students
Discover the career of former students
Life on Campus
In the largest and best equipped campus in Italy students will experience the sense of a unique university community, sharing educational, recreational, sporting and cultural events with fellow colleagues and professors. The Campus is equipped with lecture rooms, a sports center, theaters, amphitheaters, cinemas, cafes, refreshment areas and other places for socialization, thus offering an extraordinary human and educational experience.Discover more
Services to Students
Unical is organized as an independent town that provides the best possible solutions of accommodation for students and staff living on campus, because it offers multiple services for study activities and for individual and collective well-being: libraries, the Language Learning Center, counselling and inclusion services. The Campus also includes a health center, a post office, a bank counter and a mindfulness dedicated area.Discover more
It complements and completes the services provided by the University of Calabria and has put into shape the idea of a British-American campus-style University. It encompasses 10 districts hosting the university residences, consisting of apartments with double and single rooms, living room, kitchen and toilets. In these districts there are common areas for study and recreational activities and sports, there are TV rooms, game rooms and gyms; launderettes and bike rental services are also available.Discover more
Request information for this course
If you want to know more about the Degree Course
For details on the contents of the individual courses, periods of training abroad, teachers, tutors, classrooms, laboratories, research centers, other structures and social initiatives visit the website of the Degree Course.Go to the institutional website